Terms and Conditions
- These terms
- Information about us and how to contact us
- Your rights to make changes
- The game
- Your rights to end the contract
- How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
- Our rights to refuse entry or terminate the game
- If there is a problem with the product
- Price and payment
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- How we may use your personal information
- Other important terms
Schedule Rules and Recommendations for Play
1. THESE TERMS
1.1 What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we contract to supply products to you. Our product is the Real Escape game.
1.2 Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you make your booking. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
2. INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
2.1 Who we are. We are The Real Escape Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 9674956 and our registered office is at 257-259 Commercial Road Hampshire PO1 4BP. Our registered VAT number is 227579476.
2.2 How to contact us. by writing to us at email@example.com and 257-259 Commercial Road Portsmouth PO1 4BP.
2.3 How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
2.4 “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
2.5 HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
2.6 In order to purchase a game, you will need to make a booking online or by telephone.
2.7 How we will accept your booking. After you make your booking, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your request. Please note that this does not mean that your booking has been approved.
2.8 The contract. When we email you to confirm that your booking has been approved, a contract will come into existence between you and us.
2.9 Your booking number. We will assign a booking number to your booking and tell you what it is when we accept your booking. It will help us if you can tell us the booking number whenever you contact us about your booking.
2.10 If we cannot accept your booking. If we are unable to accept your booking, we will not process the booking approval. This might be because the service is unavailable, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description or because we are unable to provide the game to you at your scheduled time. If you have already paid, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
3. YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
If you wish to make a change to the booking please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 5- Your rights to end the contract).
4. THE GAME
4.1 The Rules and Recommendations for Play. These are set out on our website and in Schedule below and are incorporated into these terms and conditions and which you are deemed to have read an accepted on payment for your booking.
5. YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
5.1 Under Consumer Protection (contracts regulations 2014) you have a legal right to cancel the contract during the first 14 days of the contract, this 14 days period is known as the cooling off period. This means that during the cooling off period, if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to play the game, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the booking and receive a refund, subject to clause 5.2.
5.2 If you have booked to play a game on a day that falls within the 14 day cooling off period, you acknowledge, by making the booking, that the cancellation rights contained in the Consumer Protection (contracts regulations 2014) do not apply and you will not be entitled to a refund if you decide to cancel.
5.3 You can still cancel your booking after the cooling off period, and provided you have given at least 7 days’ notice, we will refund you. If you give less than 72 hours (3 days)’ notice of your wish to cancel then you will not be entitled to a refund.
6. HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US (INCLUDING IF YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR MIND)
6.1 Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us and cancel your booking, please let us know by Phone or email. Call customer services on 07341979776 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, details of the booking, your phone number and email address.
6.2 How we will refund you. If you are eligible for a refund we will refund you the price you paid for the booking by the method you used for payment. However, we may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the service by way of an administration charge as detailed below;
(a) Cancellation with 72 hours (3 days) – 7 days notice: admin charge is 10% of booking fee
(b) Cancellation with 7 days notice or more: no admin charge
6.3 When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible.
7. OUR RIGHTS TO REFUSE ENTRY OR TERMINATE THE GAME
7.1 We may refuse you entry or terminate the game at any time if:
(a) you do not have a sufficient number of players;
(b) you arrive more than 20 minutes after the start time of your booked game
(c) you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
(d) you damage the property of The Real Escape.
7.2 You will not be entitled to a refund if you are refused entry or if the game is terminated for any of the reasons set out in clause 7.1.
8. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT
8.1 How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the game, please contact us. Write to us at email@example.com and 257-259 Commercial Road Portsmouth PO1 4BP. Alternatively, please speak to one of our staff in-store.
9. PRICE AND PAYMENT
9.1 Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you made your booking. We use our best efforts to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 9.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
9.2 We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
9.3 What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the services may be incorrectly priced. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract and refund you any sums you have paid.
10. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
10.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
10.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to products and services.
11. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
11.1 How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
(a) to supply the products to you;
(b) to process your payment for the products; and
(c) if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
11.2 Unless you agree otherwise, we will only give your personal information to third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
12. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
12.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
12.2 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
12.3 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
12.4 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
- Rules and Recommendations for Play
- The Real Escape is designed to be played by teams of five players. We ask that a minimum of three and a maximum of six players take part at a time.
- Players must be aged 14 or older. Players between the ages of 14 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over.
- The Real Escape does not tolerate the use of alcohol, illegal drugs or “legal highs”. Players judged to be under the influence of these substances will be banned from the game.
- It is forbidden to damage or vandalise furniture, game items or accessories and players must bear the cost of any intentional damage caused.
- Personal belongings including jackets, mobile phones, bags and keys remain the player’s responsibility while on site and The Real Escape Ltd takes no responsibility for lost or stolen items. We provide a safety lock facility in the reception hallway for guests to store their belongings and each player will be given a key.
- Surprise and mystery are important elements of the experience at The Real Escape, and for this reason the taking of photographs is not permitted inside the game areas. However, if you would like to take photographs in our reception area to share with your friends on social media, we are more than happy for you to do so!
- We want The Real Escape to be a challenge that everyone can enjoy but unfortunately, because of the design of the building, we are unable to provide access for wheelchair users at this time.
- The Real Escape’s rooms are not recommended for people with learning disabilities and people who suffer from claustrophobia or epilepsy are not advised to participate in the games.
- Players will be monitored so that our staff can open the door immediately in the event of a problem. There is also a green emergency button next to the entrance door.
- The Real Escape reserves the right to stop the game at any point if game guidelines or safety regulations are breached.